The 2014 Budget Rating Simulator is available for downloading. This is not an update, but a completely new version of the simulator program updated for 2014. Just as last year, all expenditure data is entered at full value (not 50% as in 2011 and 2012)
Click here to download the new Simulator (NOTE: Currently Requires Microsoft Office 2007 or newer)
Click here for operating instructions and notes
There are several important notes in using the Simulator to predict budget ratings for next year.
* * * * * *
- Update students transported from the September, 2013 student count, including those transported by contract transportation.
- Update the number of buses you are operating for 91 days or more.
- Update Expenditures based on your estimates for 2013-2014.
And, to put everything back in "2012-2013" dollars:
- Deduct the amount that you received for legislative increases this year: (line 10 on your December 16, 2013 transportation funding sheet.)
- Deduct the amount that you receive in 2013 for early college/biodiesel/Contingency
- Fuel – at this point no fuel adjustment is necessary because fuel cost is not too different between this year the last two years. This may change later in the year.
should be directed to DPI Transportation Services at (919) 807-3570