Budget Rating Simulator
The 2017 Budget Rating Simulator is available for downloading. This is not an update, but a completely new version of the simulator program updated for 2017.
There are several important notes in using the Simulator to predict budget ratings for next year.
Download the new Simulator (NOTE: Currently Requires Microsoft Office 2007 or newer)
- Update students transported from the September, 2016 student count, including those transported by contract transportation.
- Update the number of buses you are operating for 91 days or more.
- Update Expenditures based on your estimates for 2016-2017.
And, to put everything back in "2015-2016" dollars:
- Enter the amount that you received for legislative increases this year (line 10 on your 2016 transportation funding sheet). The amount is listed on the Operating Data tab when doing simulations and must be entered by the user.
- Deduct the amount that you receive in 2016-2017 for early college/biodiesel/Contingency and any other special allotments (cameras, engines, Buster, etc)
- Fuel – You will need to enter the fuel cost differential, which this year is going down. This is entered on the Operating Data tab when doing simulations.
- Make sure not to include ineligible expenditures from PRC 056 such as equipment, computers, etc. (Object codes 418, 541, 542, 641, 642)
Questions should be directed to DPI Transportation Services at (919) 807-3570