Budget Rating Simulator
The 2015 Budget Rating Simulator is available for downloading. This is not an update, but a completely new version of the simulator program updated for 2015.
There are several important notes in using the Simulator to predict budget ratings for next year.
Download the new Simulator (NOTE: Currently Requires Microsoft Office 2007 or newer)
- Update students transported from the September, 2014 student count, including those transported by contract transportation.
- Update the number of buses you are operating for 91 days or more.
- Update Expenditures based on your estimates for 2014-2015.
And, to put everything back in "2013-2014" dollars:
- Deduct the amount that you received for legislative increases this year: (line 10 on your November, 2014 transportation funding sheet.) (NOTE: This is calculated automatically in the 2015 Simulator.)
- Deduct the amount that you receive in 2014-15 for early college/biodiesel/Contingency and any other special allotments (cameras, engines, Buster, etc)
- Fuel – You will need to enter the fuel cost differential, which this year is going down. This is entered on the Operating Data tab when doing simulations.
Questions should be directed to DPI Transportation Services at (919) 807-3570